Van Alstyne Fire Department responded to a Thursday morning call to discover this house on Whitaker Rd. near Steeplechase completely engulfed in flames. Making the situation even more precarious was a propane tank just feet away from the house. As Van Alstyne firefighters worked to control the blaze a man on a farm tractor worked to mow down the field next to the house to limit the collateral damage. VAFD was later joined by departments from Tom Bean, Howe and Gunter. The house was believed to be vacant; there were no injuries reported.
Leader Photo by Rodney Williams